Every Personal Injury attorney in New York charges the same. All personal injury cases are on contingency bases. That means, nothing comes out of your pocket unless the attorney recovers a compensation for your personal injury matter. Whether you are in New York State or New York City area, the fees will always be the same. 33.33% Plus any expenses. Whether it is a car accident or a Trip and Fall, it will still be 33.33% plus any expenses in New York.
What are the expenses?
There are two type of expenses:
- Medical Records – Medical Facilities charge $0.75 per page
- Claims fees – If it’s a car accident, there will be an associated No Fault Claims Fee. Usually an average $300
- Investigative Fees – DMV Searches, etc.
Litigation expenses are generally state fees. In New York State, it costs $210.00 just to file a lawsuit. These fees can not be reduced.
- Medicaid / Medicare: If you treated under medicaid or medicare and receive any type of compensation, Medicaid or Medicare will want their money back.
- Legal Cash Funding: I personally hate legal cash advances. If you take out a cash advance, it comes with a crazy high interest. That is your decision. Clients always complain on why they owe so much. I always warn people about not taking out a cash advance but they never listen.